ThinkExist Dynamic daily quotation

Creative Writings

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

He Says, She Says: The Sandini's story Part 2

Originally written on August 25, 2005

He says, she says: The Sandini's story (Sharon's version)

**Note: Before you can jump to the conclusion that Dominic Sandini is real, I am making things clear now. LOL! Dominic Sandini is a character in Judith McNaught's novel "Perfect". He was my claimed hubby in JM board before. :D So sorry to shatter to illusion if you think I already have a love life. **


How did Dom and I meet? Well, there was nothing really extraordinary about it.I clearly remembered it was one of my bad days. It was a Saturday and I got up on the wrong side of the bed which turned my life 360 degrees around. I dragged myself out of bed and then managed to drop everything - my toothbrush, my hairbrush and my towel. Not to mention that I burnt my breakfast (I had a crunchy fried eggs) and my finger that day. Top top it all, the neighbors chose that day to have an early morning shouting match. It was not ten am yet and I already had a pounding headache.I also discovered that I only had one egg in my fridge and nothing in my cupboards so I decided to go out and do some grocery shopping.

And so I went to the supermarket near my place.When I arrived at the store, I searched in my bag for my list but I can't find it. Great, I had to do a lane by lane trek then. And I grabbed a cart and proceeded to the next lane. And I bumped into this guy who wast trying to be charming, and greeted me good morning. There was nothign good in my morning so I ignored him and acted as if I didn't see him. Then I just get on with my grocery shopping.In the "Confectionary" dept, I grabbed a small pack of Minstrels and put them in my cart when another guy sauntered up to me and asked me if i knew where the meat section is. Hello? Do I look like I work there? I wasn't normally rude, and I always try to be friendly but that day i decided to act unkindly. I told him straight in his face that Sorry, i don't work here. And immediately head out towards the cashier. There i saw Mrs. Tilden, the old lay who lives across my street and since I was never a morning person and I find it hard to converse in long sentences in the morning, I just smiled at her.

I then loaded my bags in car and after a mile from the grocery store, my car just stopped. I don't know anything about cars and so I just opened the hood and gazed at the complex machine there without even an inkling on what to check. Luckily, somebody came after a few minutes and he went out of his car and came to me. But then I felt a littel fear ran down my spine. What if this man is a criminal or a maniac?

I was about to panic when he told me he is Maria Sandini's son, Dominic. Mrs. Sandini was a customer in our office and I just helped her with my refund, which was no big deal since that is what i do, but she took it as a big help on my part. So almost every week she stopped by on my office and gave me her homemade salami (which I give to my friend to feed her dog since I alwasy have indigestion the three times i tried to eat it). He asked me what did his Mama say about him and I told him that he just came out from some institution for his lesson. He then asked me if he could try fix my car!Ok, so this guy was an ex-con and he wants to fix my car? No way, high way! I knew he was arrested for stealing automobiles. And maybe my apprehension showed in my face and he assured me he has changed now. I agreed to let him take a look at my car, provided that I will shoot him incase he will try to run away with it. He looked insulted but a lady has just got to be smart. So he relented and after a few minutes, my carwas up and running.


I thanked him and asked him how much should I pay him. He said he will only take payment in kind and that should be a lunch at my house. I reluctantly gave in because he would not be swayed.And so, that day, I have Spaghetti on my lunch menu and the cocky guy has managed to take over my cooking. He even boasted that he cooked the best and I said yeah, whatever plus rolling of the eyes. However, he did cook spaghetti really well. I told him i love Italian foods and it must have been the wrong thing to say coz he pompously replied he's italian and therefore he's the best authority when it comes to Italian cooking. Since then he came to my house most of the time unannounced, and when I refuse to let him in or find excuses, he would say that he has spag or pizza or pasta with him. And it's my weakness, so I gave in.

One day, I came home from work very tired that I slept immediatley without turning any lights on. Suddenly I was awakened from my slumber with the ratting of my back door, in my kitchen. So I stealthily went down the stair grabbing a wooden rod along the way. I saw a silhouette of a man in my kitchen and aimed the rod at him. But his reflex is good that he managed to evade it and he ran towards the light. i was so surprised it was Dominic that I was prepared to lash out at me for scaring me. But the stupid guy grabbed my face and kissed me until, I admit, I became senseless. That man can kiss.

When we gasped for air, awareness suddenly sink in and I so wanted to slap him but he charmed his way by offering me his homemade pizza and how could I resist? I just forgot about slapping him but acted as if nothing happened and just enjoyed the pizza. Then we talked the night away, having a good laugh about anything we could think of.

Three weeks after, he asked me to marry him. I was so shocked. I was not prepared, I don't think he's the right man for me, I came up with dozens of excuses that night. But he bribed me. He told me that he would willingly cook for me every night, he would drive me anywhere, he would be a good husband, he would let me read all the time I want, and it would make his Mama happy. So who could say no to that. Besides, we make each other laugh, we enjoy each other's company so at last i said yes to him.

One month after that, we were married in a simple but big ceremony. I said big because all his family was there and there were dozens and dozens of them. My friends were surprised because I havent spoken about him to any of them and suddenly they just heard i married him.That is our story.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home